My tip is droopy & bulbous after rhinoplasty & nothing like the image of what was expected.Will it end up like the photo?(photo)

I had rhinoplasty 11 days ago and I know its really early but I'm worried. The tip of my nose is tilting down more than what it was before. I was told that my surgeon did a lot of tip work but I'm worried that even when it heals the tip will still be droopy. I've attached a photo of what my surgeon altered digitally in my consult . I can't see how my nose will ever heal to look like that. Is it possible it will get smaller like in the altered image I was given before surgery?

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Drooping tip 11 days post rhinoplasty

Certainly the nasal dorsal profile looks great.  You're right that the tip is somewhat "droopy" compared to the preoperative altered image.  There is much healing to take place however.Specifically with scar contracture as part of the normal healing process you may find that the tip may rotate upwards somewhat.  You really have to wait a year before judging the final results. All the best.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

11 days post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty revocery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD