Is using Lidocaine 2.5% prilocaine 2.5 % recommended before mira dry?

I used cream 1 hour before procedure . Do you think that affected the mira dry procedure ? I paid $1,500 for the first procedure the second will be $1,500 ... I just expected after first procedure to see some sweat reduction ... That's what made me nervous to do other but I scheduled for a week from now

Topical anesthetic before treatment

Applying topical Lidocaine combinations prior to treatment does not effect your Miradry treatment or results.  It's impossible to say what may or may not be happening after your first treatment- there are many factors to consider. At what level were you treated?  How long ago?  Have you had a starch iodine test to see if you are sweating in some areas but not others?   Talk to the provider that treated you prior to your 2nd treatment and find out what can be changed, if anything.  Many patients that are excessive sweaters do require more than one treatment so don't be discouraged.  Good luck.

MiraDry and topical anesthetics

Topical anesthetics will not affect the outcome of the MiraDry procedure. However, your outcome does depend on how severe your sweating was before the treatment.  Patients with hyperhidrosis often need 2-3 treatments.  Ensure that your provider is using a template large enough for your hair baring area under your armpit and that you are being treated at level 5. Pay attention to which areas you are sweating the most (ie middle of your armpit, periphery) and communicate this to your provider. 

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Can topical numbing affect the efficacy of miraDry?

The answer is no. Topical numbing cream makes no difference to the way the procedure feels, nor does it affect the efficacy of the treatment. We typically see at least a 70% reduction with the 1st treatment here in our office. I would return to your healthcare professional and be sure they treated you at the highest level (5) and used an appropriately sized template. 

Hope this helps!

#stillsweating  #miradry  #sweatelimination 

MiraDry and topical anesthetics

I don't use topical anesthetics but the application of topical anesthetic will NOT adversely affect the outcome of the miraDry procedure.

In our prctice, 90% of our patients require only a SINGLE miraDry procedure at Level 5.

Dr H Karamanoukian