Are my armpits supposed to be very bruised after MiraDry procedure? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 9
Thank you for your question. Bruising and redness from device suction is normal after the procedure! This should begin to go away within a few days. Massaging the underarm area should also help with the firmness or lumpiness in the first few weeks. Good luck!
Thank you for your question. It appears that what you're experiencing is normal. After MiraDry Treatment, you can expect "hickey-like" marks from the suction as well as bruising and lumpiness. Continue to ice for the first 72 hours, followed by warm compressions and massage to help with the lumpiness. Check with your provider if you have any questions or concerns. Usually swelling will diminish after 2-3 weeks. Best Regards, Dr. Aldo :-)
Healing After Miradry
Hi and thank you for your question!
This looks like what we have observed in some of our patients. We tell them to expect swelling, bruising, "hickey like" marks, tenderness, etc. It is not unusual for it to look worse within the first 24-48 hours than it did the day of the treatment. Always best to let the practice know if you're concerned in any way and/or if it doesn't start to improve gradually after the first 3-4 days.
Dr. Grant Stevens
You might also like...
Bruising after MiraDry
There are different reasons for this reaction. If you are taking blood thinners such as aspirin, high dose garlic or are on medications to decrease clotting, this can frequently happen. Sometimes different techniques of injection can cause more bruising. Sometimes it is just bad luck. Fortunately the bruising always goes away.
Bruising and Swelling after MiraDry?
Don't worry, your body will heal on it's own over 8 weeks. Be patient.
#miradryaftereffects #complications #lumps
Bruising after Miradry
Dr. Ravi Somayazula
Bruised after MiraDry
MiraDry bruising and post procedure lumpiness
I would take ibuprofen for pain and discomfort and citrus bioflavonoids to reduce tissue swelling and lumpiness.
WE USE A PRODUCT CALLED SWELL-X.
Read my ebook about citrus bioflavonoids on the link below.
Dr H Karamanoukian
Bruising post MiraDry
Bruising and swelling post MiraDry is common. It is important to continue icing and start massaging the armpits to break down any scar tissue. In our practice, we found it helpful to have patients come in for massages every few days.
We also recommend the following post procedure:
- A non-prescription anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen will reduce the normal inflammation and discomfort that usually occurs for a few days after the procedure
- Keep your underarms clean while they are healing from the procedure. Use gentle liquid soap to cleanse the underarms twice a day.
- Avoid shaving until the tenderness has subsided enough for your comfort level
- Avoid applying antiperspirant/deodorant within the first few days. Do not apply over any broken skin, such as nicks from shaving.
- Wear a loose top for the next few days to prevent underarm irritation. Avoid vigorous activity for the next few days
- Apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.