Male, 30s, good physical shape. Gynecomastia flare up out of the blue. Unilateral gyno grade1-4 in severity & grade1

do you recommend removing both glands to save on costs and to virtually eliminate gyno from flaring up on the good breast in the future? or gyno surgery can only be performed on the bad breast? is there such a thing as a "good" gland that can be removed to avoid gyno in the future?

Gynecomastia

If you are only experiencing the gynecomastia on one side, I would only treat that side. You may never get it on the other side. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person and discuss. Best of luck.

Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Recommendation for gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Recommendation for gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia

something doesn't sound exactly right. Is there any chance you recently started taking bodybuilding steroids or over-the-counter supplements which are often filled with steroids without the patient knowing it. If that's not the case you might want to have this looked into a little more carefully and possibly biopsied. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

if you have gynecomastia on one side it is best to treat that side only, unless the other side has a palpable abnormality there is no reason to treat it. There is no guarantee you will develop gynecomastia on the other side.

Gynecomastia

Male breast reduciton

Hello and thank you for your question. I have encountered many cases of unilateral gynecomastia. On the side that is affected, it is easy to removed the volume. If the side that is lesser affected is minimal to non-existant I would not operate on that side. If it is minor I would consider removing it. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Male breast reduciton

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician