I still have puffy nipples 4 months after Gynecomastia surgery. Should I go back to the doctor? (photos)

To resume it: 1.- I had a gynecomstia surgery 4 months ago. 2.- When it happened, the doctor said "I left a little of gland under the área to avoide the nipple depression". And it was, when I'm touching myself, I feel the gland. Smaller that the first surgery, but they still there. 3.- The pictures talk for  themselves. 4.- Should I talk to my surgeon and say I want to remove all of the gland?

I still have puffy nipples 4 months after Gynecomastia surgery. Should I go back to the doctor?

Sometimes the residual “puffiness” is related to residual breast and/or adipose tissue present.  It will be in your best interests  to be examined by your plastic surgeon  for accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations. You should be aware that too much excision will leave you with a contour deformity and a “surgical look” that is aesthetically displeasing. I hope this helps.

Post Op Gynecomastia Surgery Puffiness

Yes, consult with your surgeon. If a surgeon over-resects the tissue under the areola, the surgeon may cause a depression. The small amount of puffiness still may get better with time. In some cases, the surgeon may inject a local steroid into this tissue to remove inflammation and create subcutaneous atrophy.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.