I had lower Bleph and facial fat transfer 4 1/2 weeks ago and one incision line feels ropey while the other is nearly invisible.

I bruised badly, went home from the surgery very bruised. I am fair skinned and bruise daily. I am 60. My ps told me to begin to put 1% OTC hydrocortisone cream on incision line to help smooth it.

Bumpy incision line

Usually the bumps along the incision line are related to small areas of inflammation along any suture lines. This gets better with time.  To expedite the healing you can do gentle massage along that area with a moisturizer.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric healing

It is not uncommon for one side to swell or bruise more than the other as well as have them heal at different rates. Notify your surgeon about your concerns and follow up with them so that they may examine you and help smooth your recovery.

Asymmetry in healing

Wounds rarely heal with exact symmetry.  You should see that the firmness and side to side variation diminish in the next few weeks.  I would follow the guidleines your Surgeon has given you and continue to see him/her for reassurance.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy incision line

It often takes 12 to 18 months for facial scars to mature. For some reason, even if the exact same surgery is done on both sides, the amount of time needed for both sides to heal can vary considerably. You should discuss this further with your surgeon, but realize it is totally normal for the two sides to look different at 4 weeks.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ropey incision

This is not unusual since I tell my patients one side may hurt more or be bruised more.since you are only 4 weeks post op this will improve with time.Massage will help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon