Can I have nose deviation corrected by getting punched opposite way?

My nose was broken and now deviates to (my) left. It was broken because someone punched me in it- like 9 years ago. If I let someone punch me with small glove on aiming for the lower bridge in opposite direction, could that sort of realign it? Or is it possible I could have my nose broken in an ENT office without having a massive cast over my face?

surgical rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose

Trauma to the nose can cause a displaced nasal fracture of the nasal bones, dislocation of the upper lateral cartilages off of the nasal bones, twisting of the nasal tip cartilages, and a fracture of the septum known as a deviated nasal septum. Once the nose has been fractured and twisted, it is very solid and cannot be manipulated back into position without surgery. A rhinoplasty procedure and possibly a septoplasty procedure is performed to straighten the nasal bridge line including the upper lateral cartilages, the lower lateral cartilages, and the nasal bones and to improve the deviated septum. Look for a double board certified ENT/facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience in fixing broken noses for best results. A cast will need to be applied across the bridge of the nose for one week. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Crooked nose

I would definitely not recommend getting punched as this is a very uncontrolled method of trying too straighten a crooked nose. Straightening a crooked is not easy--probably one of the more difficult things to do. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty

I would definitely not recommend having someone punch you again in the nose, this will most likely cause even more damage. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a nasal examination done and determination of what needs corrected. If you only want/need a septoplasty then this can be put through your insurance to see if they will cover it. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Punching the nose

It takes years of training to learn how to punch someone in the nose just right in order to make these small corrections. Don't try this at home!!

Seriously, don't have someone punch you in the nose. It won't work and could make matters worse. If the bones have healed out of position it will take real surgery to fix it. However depending on the problem, sometimes minor irregularities can be hidden with fillers such as in the "non-surgical nosejob".