Jowls starting ? Age 30, what to do? (photos)

My face as seen in the picture is this the start of a Jowl ? what are my options I'm looking to possibly prevent & cure.

Doctor Answers 7

Jowls Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question, lisalaffy30. Jowls can be treated via Kybella and Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine your best personalized treatment plan to achieve your desired results.

Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

What to do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First do not do anything crazy!   The issue you have is a common issue.  The creasing you are starting to see is along your smile lines.  When you smile the crease forms in those areas.  I would definitely recommend a good skin care program.  I will also emphasize the importance of nutrition and keeping your weight steady. If you did want to choose a procedure I think one of the newer radiofrequency (juvashape) or ultrasound  procedures would help a little without any downside.  Whatever you do, you want it to look better without looking like you did something.   

In summary, No cures. Prevention-  Skin care, Nutrition, Weight ---the more ideal well ..... the more ideal.
If you really want to try something, than a nonsurgical approach.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

Face lift? Jowls visible at age 30

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • Your photo suggests that your lower mid-face needs a bit more support.
  • This can be with fillers or with a chin implant or with a pre-jowl implant.
  • That said - photos can be misleading so an examination is truly needed.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Jowls starting ? Age 30, what to do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photograph. He look excellent and very young and are far too young to consider surgery. My recommendation would be to try nonsurgical facial skin tightening. There are many options but Ulthera is the newest.

Early jowling.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your changes of aging are very subtle. This means the solution should be subtle as well. And noninvasive.
I think the answer for you is some combination of very judicious fillers placed expertly, as well as some noninvasive tissue tightening device. There are several such fillers and such devices out there, that you need to visit with a few plastic surgeons to determine whom you trust and whose philosophy you agree with. Start subtle and realize that as you age, at some point there will be a limitation to when fillers and noninvasive treatments can effectively do the job. Best of luck!
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

Mild changes of young age

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Lidalaffy30-
It's a lucky thing that you are still very young, as in the next 10-15 years we will probably see an explosion of new non-surgical modalities that can tighten skin. Combine that with some fillers that we already have (and more will also be coming) and you will be able to hold on to your youthful looks for sometime. Your challenge is to find the right plastic surgeon (aesthetic doctor) that will only buy the machine that does eventually work (not wasting your time and money), can combine it with the right fillers and do it all with a keen eye. 
It will be exciting:). 
All the best,
Dr. A.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Jowls starting?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
At 30yo, you are very young to have or need a neck lift but something more conservative may be far more appropriate. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Palstic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.