Nose quite painful 2 days after rhinoplasty.

I had rhinoplasty roughly 30 hours ago. My nose didn't hurt at all until I went back to the clinic this afternoon to have the tamponades removed. Now my nostrils and tip burn quite severely despite pain killers. I realise there's an incision at my tip but it didn't burn before either. Also, directly after my nose was cleaned out I could breathe through it again. Now it's completely stuffed up and clear liquid keeps dropping from it. Are the pain and stuffiness normal? When can I expect them to go away?

Drainage and swelling after a rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question. Pain after a rhinoplasty, especially along the incision lines is not all that uncommon. This should resolve over 1 to 2 weeks.  Additionally, upon having the tamponades removed you can anticipate a fair amount of secondary swelling effect. This will reside over the course of several weeks. Drainage after a rhinoplasty, especially mucous in nature, is to be expected, and lasts for a period of 7-10 days on average.  If you have any specific concerns, I would address them with your surgeon, and she/he will have a better estimation as to the specifics of your surgery and recovery.Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Nose quite painful 2 days after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your query.I am sorry you are going through a bit of an ordeal. I would expect things to steadily improve with the passage of time.For the nasal stuffiness, I would suggest you use some Beconase nose drops or spray. Keep your surgeon fully informed about your recovery.Kind regards.

Its very normal

After the tampons are removed you could have son burning senstations. Stuffiness after a Rhynoplasty is very normal.Keep comunication with your Doctor and let him know your fears and concerns, he is the BEST for  helping you  right now.
Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Healing from Rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon to have significant intranasal soft tissue swelling or stuffiness develop AFTER the nasal tampons have been removed.  All of a sudden there's a lot of space for the swelling to fill.  And postoperative pain is expected at least for the first week.  Your symptoms all sound normal.

George H. Pope, MD