What's the average cost for an in office Chin Liposuction under local anesthesia?

What's the average cost for an In office chin liposuction under local anesthesia. I'm 35 yoa with no skin laxity. I noticed a slight double chin forming at age 26. I'm not interested in smart lipo. I'm considering tumesent/ water assisted chin lipo. My neck area is firm and there's no problems with fat there. Just under the chin also I'm not over weight.

Chin Liposuction

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

The cost of chin liposuction

A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what may be required. Many patients have fatty deposits underneath the platysma muscle which requires surgery to remove that compartment of fat. A platysma plasty is then required after the sub-platysmal fat has been removed. That procedure is usually performed under general  anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Simple  liposuction is usually performed under local anesthesia. For more information  and many examples including our current price list, please see the link and the video below 

We charge $1500 for liposuction of the submental (under the chin) area

I perform submental (under the chin) liposuction on a very frequent basis, most recently earlier today.  We also performed this procedure three days ago, and she posted before/after photos on realself earlier today.  The procedure takes about 45 minutes and involves a single small (about 1/4") incision beneath the chin.  A compression garment is required at all times for 2 weeks following the procedure and on a tapering basis for an additional 2 weeks.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, liposuction and facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants).  If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  Liposuction with or without skin removal can be performed at the same time as needed.

Hope this helps.

Double Chin/26 years old/Tumescent?-- Kybella, VASER Lipo, ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Fillers like Radiesse/Sculptra

In my practice we combine VASER with ThermiRF and find best results in contouring, as long as there is no need for neck skin removal.  Please see an expert and do not compromise your care for cost or distance. Best, Dr. Emer.

Submental liposuction

The cost in your area is something you'll have to find out by calling the offices. Be sure you are talking to board certified plastic and facial plastic surgery offices. You could also consider Kybella for that area.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon