Scar tissue or left over gland? 8 weeks post OP. (photo)

So as the title says I'm a little worried about if my right peck has left over gland or scar tissue is still forming. I had the glands removed by incision and also lazer lipo. I contacted my surgeon with the attached pictures and he said that it looks normal and to update him at 12 weeks post OP. My nipples are no longer puffy which is great however my right peck (no tattoo on the right peck) still has a triangular appearance. It appears as if a small flattish plate is behind my nipple. Thanks

After Gynecomastia Surgery Concerns

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Nipple prominence after gynecomastia repair

Nipple prominence following gynecomastia repair is likely from discoid tissue that is under the nipple and areola that requires direct removal of the tissue; did you have direct excision performed?

Arian Mowlavi, MD