Roller coaster after rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago. i had a hump removed, the sides thinned up, and tip lifted. how soon can I go to an amusement park like six flags ?

Thank you for your question.If at this point in your recovery you have no complications and the swelling has began to resolve then in my opinion it would be okay to ride a rollercoaster, you just want to avoid contact sports/activities. I would just be cautious of the ones that spin or jerk because you want to protect your nose so you do not cause any damage to it. Ultimately, I would consult with your surgeon and have him clear you just to be safe.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Activity after Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. After 6 weeks, there should not be any issue riding a rollercoaster. Your bones still haven't completely healed in place, so I would be cautious, but I cannot foresee any issues with a roller coaster. Have fun!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Roller coaster and rhinoplasty

By 6 weeks after rhinoplasty, I tell my patients that they can pretty much do anything that they want.  I would ask your surgeon his thoughts and follow his instructions.

Roller coaster after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I allow my patients to resume all activities 8-10 days following a rhinoplasty except any activities which may result in injury to the nose such as contact sports.  The nasal bones will be fragile for 6-8 weeks.  However, this is something you should discuss with your rhino plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!  

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon