Can you take water pills and potassium before, during, and after Tummy Tuck BBL and Lipo?

Water pills and potassium before, during, and after surgery

Many patients take diuretics (water pills) and potassium supplements. Often these medications are used in patients with high blood pressure. Because water pills and potassium can affect your electrolyte levels, blood tests must be done before surgery. Your electrolytes should also be monitored post operatively. Assuming your general health is good enough to undergo anesthesia and surgery, I do not think water pills or potassium supplements should be a problem.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Water pills really should not be routinely used for surgical swelling. It is true that medications like Lasix can help relieve swelling, but it needs to be closely monitored and does have contraindications. It can affect blood pressure and electrolyte balance. Surgical swelling is being caused for a reason and the best and safest option is to let the body take care of itself.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to consult with your surgeon what to do in your case. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD