BBL done 1 yr ago left loose lumpy skin around my waist and lower belly. Is surgery necessary to repair the tissue? (photo)

Will I be able to tighten the skin back simply by wearing fajas and working out or will I have to have surgery to rescar the tissue? My last experience was horrible and I want to avoid it if possible. Any advice would be appreciated as it's very depressing to look at myself now and I regret it completely.

Post operative Loose lumpy skin

Great question!

One year status post BBL with abdominal fibrosis and contour irregularities.  There are a number of options for correction:

1.  Revision liposuction of the area. At the most I would expect 50% improvement with reducing the size of some of the loose skin. Fibrosis is most likely the reason for the protuberant area of the skin. Fibrosis cannot be removed with a libel suction cannula.
  2. Fat- graft injection into the area. At most I would expect 50% improvement with reducing the size of the excessive liposuction depressed areas.
  3. Extreme compression with waist trainer and lipo foam for 2 months 24/7 can improve it approximately 20%.

I wish you well through  your surgery and recovery process,

James as McAdoo DO FACOS,

AOA  dual board certified general, plastic/reconstructive, micro surgery surgeon 

BBL done 1 yr ago left loose lumpy skin around my waist and lower belly. Is surgery necessary to repair the tissue?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Actually yes, since you have one year from your first procedure, you would have to consider a revision. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Repairing the loose skin of the abdomen after your BBL

You appear to have some contour abnormalities of your abdomen after your BBL. Without seeing your pre-op photos or operative report, it is impossible to know for sure what caused it, but I suspect it was uneven and over aggressive lipo of the abdomen. I think this can be made better, but you need the help of an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Repair will likely involve some targeted lipo of your upper abdomen and some skin removal of the lower abdomen. If you are uncomfortable with your original surgeon, then seek another opinion. You should get your pre-op photos and your operative report from your original surgeon so that your new surgeon has all the necessary information to help you. I think things can be made better,  but not perfect. 

BBL

Liposuction does not tighten the skin. Lumps may have occurred from over or under treatment. Best of luck.

Is surgery necessary to repair the tissue for a BBL done 1 year ago

I would recommend an in person evaluation in order to evaluate if a second Surgery will be required.