How to get rid of my belly button keloid? (photos)

I got my belly button pierced on October 22, 2015 and I got it taken out on Valentine's Day the following year I thought it was infected because it itched so much and my skin was getting dark around it ... When the piercer took it out she said it was a keloid & I would need tea tree oil to make it go away but half of it only went away , & I'm still embarrassed by my scar!

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid/Dermatofibroma -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

Hypertrophic scarring/keloids should be treated in a combination approach with lasers along with steroid/5fu injections. Best, Dr. Emer

Keloid

Keloids are tough.  There are several ways to treat them and include steroid injection, laser treatment, surgical excision, radiation and cryotherapy (cold temperature treatment).  The only way to know for sure which is best for you is to go in for a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience treating keloids so that he/she can examine you.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD