Can Fat Grafting Help Improve the HUGE Dent Left After Having my Outer Thighs Lipoed? (photo)

I had the lipo to get rid of my saddle bags but it altered my shape drastically. I look deformed and squared, Im hoping a fat transfer will help the appearance. Did my doc remove to much fat?

Fat grafting could help

Yes, fat grafting could help. Be aware though it is not guaranteed, 20% of the patients will absorb the fat. You must not be using any nicotine. Additional liposuction could also improve.

An examination though is needed. Sometimes the irregularities are loose skin. Fat grafting may not help that. Then only skin tightening procedures can help. Remember liposuction is removing tunnels of fat, not buffing or sanding the skin smooth outside!

Can Fat Grafting Help Improve the HUGE Dent Left After Having my Outer Thighs Lipoed?

Yes, fat transfer can definitely help improve the results.  Additional lipo of ares around the depression may be required as well.  Usually more than one session is required for optimal results.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Fat grafting can improve contour irregularities

Sorry about your postoperative results. There is a solution for your concerns. Your contour irregularities can definitely be improved with fat transfer. If your plastic surgeon does not have the experience with autologous fat transfer, I don't recommend that you volunteer to be his/her first patient. Consult with several plastic surgeons in your local area to find someone with whom you feel comfortable and confident to improve your thighs. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Fat transfer to rid divots from lipo

The simple answer is yes, Fat transfer an be helpful and generally requires multiple sessions.

Saddle Bag Contour Deformity Correction

Your thigh contours can be improved by subcutaneous fat level adjustments through a combination of fat grafting and additional liposuction. Expect improvement but not a completely smooth contour. More than one treatment sessions may be needed. 

Fat grafting to liposuction dent

Fat grafting can help improve contour deformities left after liposuction.  You may require more than one session of fat grafting for optimal results.  If your skin integrity is poor, you will likely not achieve a full correction as loose and thin skin is less forgiving.  This likely affected your results.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Contour Deformity after Liposuction

The photos illustrate a contour deformity on the right and left side.It is possible to improve the deformation.The technique typically  utilized to improve the deformation  involves removal of additional fat and grafting of the depressed areas.

Secondary liposuction and fat grafting to repair contour defect

Yes, contour defects from liposuction can be helped with secondary liposuction and fat grafting.  An in-personal evaluation would be required to determine the extent of surgery required and discuss areas to harvest the fat for grafting.  Oftentimes we can make significant improvements.

Good luck. 

David Shafer, MD

Fat Graft to Improve Dent after Liposuction

Based on your pictures, reshaping your outer thighs may be possible with fat transfer. It is possible that this could be done as a procedure under local anesthesia and it may take more than one session to reach your goals.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

I perform about 500 liposuction procedures each year, and I see a lot of patients who are referred for revisions and fat transfers.  A combination of liposuction and fat transfer can improve the look of your thighs.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat transfer procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA