After Fat Transfer to Face, How Long Can I See the Final Result?

May I know when will the fat injected to the face be stabilized ( stop reaborbing?). When Can I resume nomal gym activities after fat injection?

3 months

By three months your results should finalize. There are some cases when you will see a bit of rebound improvement up to about 6 months out, as some of the fat cells that survived, but were dormant, become "awake", so to speak. 

I generally recommend at least a week of downtime from vigorous physical activity.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer results.

You will see results immediately after the procedure and the swelling should subside after about 7-10 days later. After this, the final results will settle by 3-6 months, as it takes the fat some time to settle into its new area. As you correctly state, some of the fat will resorb and this occurs by 2 months, after which you will see the areas plump up again. You can resume exercises 1-2 weeks after the procedure. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

By 6 weeks most of the swelling is gone.  Somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months you usually see the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfer final results

Dear pumpkin84,

1. Final results of a fat transfer start at 3 months, and really settle after 6 months when we know what fat survives and what does not
  2. You can resume normal gym activities about 2 weeks after
  3. Be careful about losing too much weight because if you exercise too much, the fat in the face will get smaller like it does around the body

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Recovery after facial fat transfer

One can resume normal physical activity a few days after facial fat transfer. However, final result of the fat transfer takes about 3 months. Whatever fat has taken/survived by then will survive permanently (or as long as any other fat in your natural face).

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Timing of Facial Fat Transfer Results

The final volume retained after facial fat injections will usually be seen 3 months after the procedure. By that time all resorption will have occurred and the viable fat cells stabilized.