Incision seems like it is being sucked in, 2nd day post op. Help please! (Photo)

Hello, thank you for taking time to read my concern. I feel pretty good, obviously swollen and sore. Which I very much expected. But... my incision seems to be sucked up so to speak in just one breast. I have talked to my PS and sent pictures. They said it's just swelling, nothing to be concerned about. I would very much appreciate other opinions. Thank you so very much for your time!

Incision seems like it is being sucked in, 2nd day post op. Help please!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well… I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dent in scar under breast

It appears to me from your photograph, that there is a deeper suture placed to the bottom of the breast pocket that is pulling the incision in that direction. On the sides, because no such suture exists, both the implant and surrounding fluid have created the more rounded look that you should have. Over time, weight and gravity, and the rounded nature of the bottom of the implant should produce a rounded appearance at the bottom. I would give it several months before going back to try and fix it. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Incision Concern

Hello,It is not uncommon for incisions to appear this way at first due to the swelling around the incision- not the incision itself. There will be deep, strong sutures locking that incision into place and so when tissue expands around it, temporarily it appears pulled in. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon but expect this to resolve by 3 weeks post op.All the best

Incision concern

The incision appears to be healing as expected.  The indentation is likely secondary to the internal stitches that were placed to close the incision.  This type of puckering usually will resolve with time, without the need for scar revision.  You should continue to follow-up with your surgeon to make sure things are progressing as expected.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon