How to remove left over ink from when ps marked me up before surgery?

I'm only four days post op showered yesterday for first time after surgery still have some left over ink markings from when my ps marked me up before surgery. I didn't want to try to scrub the leftover off as my girls are still sore. Will this just come off with time or should I trying getting it off when they aren't as sore?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Ink

nail polish remover works nicely......................................................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Ink

You are only four days postop and showering for the first time, it is not unusual for the ink to still be present.  The markings will eventually fade without any special treatment.

Bryan Michelow, MD, FACS
Beachwood Plastic Surgeon

Remove surgical ink

Thank you for your question. The ink will come off in time but you may use rubbing alcohol to speed up the process. 

Marking Pen Ink from Plastic Surgeon after Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• It is normal for marking pen ink from your plastic surgeon to stick around on the skin for a couple days after your procedure.
  • This is nothing to worry about, and soon it will disappear with normal showering. 

Markings after breast augmentation

With showering, the marks will come off on their own. I would not be too concerned about them for now. Talk to your plastic surgeon. I recommend normal gentle showering to remove the markings. If is still problematic I usually have my office staff remove the markings with an alcohol swab at one of their appointments. Before you engage in any of these recommendations, ask your surgeon first.

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Pre Op Marking Ink

Ink will usually wear off on it's own after a few washes or you could use a little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip but it won't harm you to leave it for now.
All the best

Ink on Skin

The ink will come off with rubbing alcohol.  Do not use alcohol on any open skin.  Best wishes for a nice recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Removing surgery marker from skin

Although the marker will gradually come off on its own  it can be removed with using a cotton ball moistened with rubbing alcohol.  Best of luck with your recovery

Raymond Jean MD 

Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ink on skin

The ink will wear off gradually over time.  If it is bothersome you can use rubbing alcohol and gently wipe the area.  Do not use the alcohol on any open skin.

Camille Cash, MD