How do you know if your boobs are fully developed? I feel like mine haven't developed, is there way to start growth/development.

I got my period in 7th grade and my boobs haven't grown since 8th grade. I've been on birth control since 8th grade as well. I'm currently 18 and my boobs are still fairly pointy. I don't feel any sensitivity in my nipples, and they only get hard when I'm cold. I have never noticed changes in my boobs in accordance with my periods. My boobs are so small and pointy and I'm worried they still aren't fully developed even though I'm 18. Any idea if you can tell if they're developed or not?

Not everything stops growing with age

Girls tend to develop faster than boys and most females have finished puberty by age 18, although a small subset of females will continue to develop into their early twenties.  Even though puberty ends, the breast frequently will change in size over time.  The most common things that will result in breast size changes are changes in body weight, pregnancy and breast feeding.  So, if you aren't planning on changing your weight or getting pregnant any time soon, it is likely that your breasts won't change very much in size at this point in your life.

Breasts - when do they start developing

Thank you for asking about your breast development.
  • If you have not grown taller for a year, your growth including breast growth is finished. 
  • There is no way to enlarge your breasts without surgery -
  • But at age 18, you are an adult and can have this done.
  • Even if you can't afford it now, you can start saving!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Development

As others have said, more than likely your breasts are fully developed. If you have not had an increase in your shoe size or height your development is probably done. Not every lady will develop full breasts. It is not uncommon and this is called breast hypoplasia. Most commonly these are the people who will under go a breast augmentation. Now that you are 18, you are legally an adult and could have this procedure. When you mentioned about the shape of your breasts there is a possibility you could also have another type of breast development (tuberous). The only way to tell is to be evaluated by a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Then you will know for sure and be able to discuss surgical options (if that is something you desire)

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast development

Usually by the age of 18 you are fully developed. You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. Best of luck.

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question. It could be that your breasts are Tuberous. This is a common situation where the tissue around the areolas is constricted/tight and does not allow the breasts to grow/round out. There is often no breast crease present and nipples can appear puffy/herniated. A consultation with  a board certified Plastic Surgeon will help explain what characteristics your breasts have and how surgical procedures can help.Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast development

If you have not noticed any changes in your breasts for several years, chances are they are fully developed.  Their shape and size will probably continue to remain stable.  You can consult with a plastic surgeon in your area if you are interested in breast enhancement.

Camille Cash, MD

It is my breast development complete?

This is a very common question.  Most women have completed their breast development by age 18.  Some women however continue to change up to 22 years of age.  If you are 18 or over and your breasts have not changed in size over a 12 month period of time it is reasonable to assume that your breast development is complete.  Be sure that you consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who performs breast augmentation on a regular basis.  Your surgeon can examine you and provide you with accurate information regarding your breast development and your candidacy for a breast augmentation.  Good luck.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Minor changes

After 18 there could be some minor changes in breast size but you are close to being fully developed.Plastic surgery can help with and augmentation to get you to the size you desire.

Breast Growth in Late Teens

Thanks for your question.  Typically, women are fully developed by their early 20s and as you haven't seen much growth at all since your early teen years you may be at your fully developed breast size.  An appointment with a board certified surgeon may help if you are interested in increasing your breast size with breast augmentation.Cheers,Steven Camp MD #HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts fully developed ?

Thank you for your question.  Women are usually in their early 20's when they are completely developed.  Meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your options. 

Chad Robbins, MD