Are there any procedures to help minimize my scar on my vermilion border from a mole removal procedure? (Photos)

About 15 months ago I had a flesh colored mole removed from the vermilion border of my upper lip. I should have probably left it alone because I have yet to regain my lip color back, as well as a little bit of regular skin just above it. They used the Ellman Surgitron for the procedure. I am at a loss because there has been no improvement to the color of the scar. Is there anything I can do to help improve the looks/color of my lip?

Regaining pigment in lips--revision and tattoo

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. This can be improved with revision and/or medical tattooing. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Vermilion scars and scar revision

Surgical scar revision may be the most appropriate option for you as there are few ways to restore color to your vermiliion. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS