Gynecomastia after surgery complications. What can I do to gain a symmetrical chest and fix the deformed areola? (Photo)

I have lost recently about 25 kgs after being obese for long time, I had gynecomastia and areola reduction surgeries at once 5 month ago. The result was asymmetrical chest cavities and deformed left areola, I have attached some photos. Please suggest the proper correcting procedures sergical or not to gain symmetric chest and fix the deformed areola. Also what can I do to reduce the stretch marks in my body knowing thats it's very old " 5 years or more "? Thank you for your help.

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Contour irregularities after gynecomastia surgery.

These indentations are caused by over-aggressive resection of your gynecomastia tissues, or fat, or both. You do not need (or want) the scars of chest skin excision, but would possibly benefit from a tummy tuck to remove much of the lower abdominal skin laxity and the stretch marks contained within.

I do not believe that more liposuction elsewhere on your chest will "even things out." Rather, fat grafting would be my best recommendation. This may take one or two sessions for the best and most uniform results. Some liposculpture may be possible of beneficial, but would take direct examination to determine this.

Unfortunately, your present appearance is a fairly common outcome, usually caused by the patient asking the surgeon to "remove as much of the gyno tissue as possible." Depending on the skill and experience of the surgeon, s/he may only be too glad to try to comply with this request, unwittingly causing this deformity. Sorry; some surgeons have to learn this the hard way, and I have seen it often enough to wonder if some ever learn this. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

The "dish deformity" of the breast after Gynecomastia surgery is due to excessive removal of breast tissue from under the nipple areola.
Gynecomastia surgery may require excision of excess breast tissue with or without liposuction of the chest.
Liposuction of the chest would even and contour the chest.
To correct your results would require some liposuctionof the chest and fat transfer to the depressed areas under the nipple areola. May require more than one session.