What is suitable serum to use with microneedling pen for treating face scars? is vitamin c serum suitable ? thank you :) (photo)

Microneedling serum

We have had amazing results with Biopelle and microneedling. With your acne scarring, I would expect to need at least 5 treatments 4-6 weeks apart.

What serum should be used with micro-needling for treating facial scars?

Because micro-needling has been shown to enhance delivery of topically applied skin care products, for safety reasons you can only apply products that are "pure" enough for injection into the skin. In my office we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines medical motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells. Growth factors are compounds that act as chemical messengers between cells, turning on and off a variety of cellular functions. Growth factors are known to play a role in cell division, new cell and blood vessel growth, and collagen and elastin production. Those that are produced from human stem cells have been shown to be the most effective in the skin. ProCell Therapies' growth factor serums are made from human stem cells that are derived from bone marrow. Studies have shown these particular growth factors to be highly effective in the skin. Our patients also use a growth factor serum at home after the office treatment and we have been getting excellent results in the treatment of facial scars.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon