How Much Does Earlobe Reduction Cost?

Just earlobe reduction, no other procedures

Earlobe reduction surgery, costs?

In San Francisco, earlobe reduction surgery can be done as an office procedure. It costs $750 for one side, $1250 for both. It's easy to do and the recovery is quick.

Cost of earlobe reduction

Prices vary, but in my office a typical fee is about $545.00. It's an in-office procedure under local anesthesia (a shot of numbing medicine). Of course, there are exceptions to this price depending on the specific nature of the correction, but this is a fairly typical quote we give patients.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe reduction

Earlobe reduction needs an artistic finesse. The usual cost is $1000. occasionally it is a procedure done in conjunction with a Face lift. One has to reattach the lobe correctly or the results will be a deformed ear lobe.

Earlobe reduction

Earlobe reduction can be necessary because of genetics or from wearing heavy earrings. I usually perform this in my office (only in the operating room when combined with other procedures). I charge $1000 when performed in my office. Although you might think this is a great amount of money, it's not a straight forward procedure.

To perform earlobe reduction correctly small flaps or carefully designed incisions must made. If this is done incorrectly abnormal pulling or scarring can occur resulting in a poor cosmetic outcome.

Earlobe reduction costs vary

Earlobe Reduction is becoming a much more common procedure. The majority can be done in the office with just local anesthesia. However, there are circumstances that would require a more involved approach, especially if the problem is the result of a previous facelift. Therefore, although the majority are relatively inexpensive, the cost for this procedure can be quite varied.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe reduction

Hi,
In the New York City area I believe this procedure cost around $500 to $1000.
Geographic location will alter this pricing. Good Luck.
Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Earlobe reduction surgery: edge or wedge?

I perform earlobe reduction surgery quite frequently.  The procedure is performed with local anesthesia (lidocaine) in the office and takes about 45 minutes per ear.  There are two possible techniques:

1. Edge excision: This is the usual procedure.  It involves drawing a line exactly marking the new desired earlobe size and shape.  All tissue outside this line is removed, and the remaining skin edges are repaired, leaving a scar along the edge of the earlobe (facing neither forward nor backward) where it is generally well-concealed.  Internal sutures dissolve on their own.  The external sutures are removed about 2 weeks later.  

2. Wedge excision: This involves a vertical incision along the earlobe, leaving a vertical scar that may be more visible.  It is useful for patients who are interested in simultaneous repair of a torn earlobe or who have an attached earlobe (meaning that there is no skin hanging below the ear-cheek junction).  Suture management is the same as above.

All bandages are present for less than 24 hours.  If desired, the earlobes may be repierced at the same time. Cost for earlobe reduction is $700 per earlobe, as this is a much more involved procedure than simple earlobe repair.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Reduction Cost

Thank you for your inquiry, earlobe reduction is a common procedure done at my clinic. The average price range is $1000 - $2500. A consultation is necessary to determine the best options for each patient and the consultation fee is deductible. Best of luck, 

Ear lobe reconstruction

• Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
  • #earlobesurgery
  • #earloberepair
  • #earloberepaircost

Earlobe reduction cost

The average cost for cosmetic ear surgery in Toronto, Ontario, is from $6000 to $8000. Some variables that are considered to determine cost include the surgeon fees, anesthesia/anesthesiologist fees, technique applied, and surgical facility.