How soon can I get Juvederm Voluma injections in my cheeks after rhinoplasty?

I want to get a rhinoplasty around May or June of 2016. How long afterwards should I wait to try Juvederm Voluma injections in my cheeks?

Voluma after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and for sharing your experience. I would wait a good few weeks after your rhinoplasty to make sure that all your swelling in your cheeks and under eye region is gone prior to doing the Voluma.

Voluma injections

Voluma is an excellent alternative to currently used fillers. We use it for restoring mid face volume in the cheek that had previously been difficult to enhance. We have seen great results lasting 12 months and more.
I would suggest you discuss your concern regarding your prior treatment with a dermatologist and plastic surgeon that has experience with Voluma. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma after rhinoplasty

Hi there,

After the rhinoplasty you will be swollen. Mostly the swelling is in your nose, but it also goes to your eyes and cheeks. I would advice to wait a month after your surgery. But if you fill like the swelling is minimal and want to try it sooner go for it! 

Hope this helps
Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma after Rhinoplasty

There is no contradiction to performing Voluma on the same day as your rhinoplasty.  I recommend performing the Voluma injections first so there is no confounding edema from the rhinoplasty.  If you choose to wait until after the rhinoplasty has been performed, I recommend waiting until the majority of the post-operative swelling has decreased to allow optimal placement of the Voluma.  

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Although, it is possible to have Voluma injected at the same time as a rhinoplasty, your surgeon will probably want to wait a few weeks for the swelling to subside, following the rhinoplasty, before performing the Voluma injection.  If your swelling is minimal the injections could be performed as early as 10 days to 2 weeks post op.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma

As long as there is no swelling from the surgery you can definitely proceed with the Juvederm Voluma.  It is a great product and you will have wonderful results with an experienced dermatologist injector.  Best, Dr. Green

How soon can Voluma be done after rhinoplasty?

If you are going to wait to have your Voluma injections until after your rhinoplasty, I would recommend waiting at least a couple of weeks to allow any swelling in your cheeks to resolve.  Otherwise, there should really be no problem with having the injection after your surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon