I was hit with a softball in the nose yesterday and seems it left a bump will it be permanent yes or no?

You need evaluation of your nose

Your nose will need evaluation to answer your question.  If any bones are broken or you have internal injury to your nose you will need treatment.  

Trauma to the nose from a softball injury

Anytime there is trauma to the nose, it's important to visit an ENT facial plastic surgeon to determine whether not the external nasal bones have been broken, the septum internally has been broken, or the upper lateral cartilages have been dislocated off of the nasal bones. It's also important to get x-rays to document any potential nasal fracture. For more information and many examples of straightening a crooked nose after trauma, please see the link and the video below

Bump after injury

Hard to tell without examination. If there is a bump, it most likely a displaced cartel, and or bone.You will have to wait several weeks at this point to allow swelling to decrease and for potential surgery to re-align the structures that may be damaged.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

Since you were just injured yesterday, you will need to give your nose time for swelling to dissipate. It usually takes several weeks, and in some circumstances, months, before all temporary effects of trauma have resolved. I would consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area who can follow your progress. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

It is very difficult to tell at this point. The nose gets very swollen when it is injured and just from your description, no one would be able to give you a 'yes or no' answer. I would recommend visiting with a local rhinoplasty surgeon so they can assess in person. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Likely soft tissue swelling

Dear Milo23, 

Without an obvious deviation of your nasal bones, it is likely the softball caused a soft tissue injury, called a contusion. A contusion will normally settle by 10 days after the injury. If you are concerned you have fractured your nasal bones, you should arrange to see an ENT Specialist within the next 10 days.
I hope this helps!

Raj Bhalla, FRCS, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon