Is it normal to be able to visibly see the edge of an implant under the skin?

I got silicone under the muscle about 1.5 years ago. If I am standing straight with shoulders back you can not see the implant but if I'm slouched even just a little you can see the edge or something of the implant poking at the skin.. Is this normal?

Visible Implant

Certainly Silicone is better than Saline with regards to palpability or visibility after breast augmentation.  However even when implants are placed under the muscle, the muscle doesn't cover 100% of the implant.  In very thin patients, it is possible to feel or see the implants easier.  That doesn't mean anything is wrong, it just means you don't have sufficient soft tissue to hide the implants.  You do have options such as fat injections or acellular dermis to add soft tissue coverage.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal to see an implant edge under the skin?

HI Breeves,  If you are very thin, it is possible to see the implant sometimes beneath the skin, especially in the lower outer quadrant of the breast where muscle does not usually cover this area. .Some surgeons use ADM's to cover this area, but I do not find this to be particularly successful. The same thing would apply to fat injections as well. Perhaps you might want to visit with a Board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.Best, Dr. Christine Rodgers

Thank you for your question. Pictures will help. Hard to comment without seeing pics. Implants can be belt sometimes. Please seek evaluation from your PS