UPPER LIP SCAR REVISION: WHAT CAN BE DONE? My upper lip scarred after a burn. Cortisone shots did not improve the scar. (photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Upper lip scar
- Thank you for the illustrations, they are helpful
- In my honest opionion (without an examination), I would not place an incision along the entire upper lip
- I would perform microneedling treatments to even out the skin tone and coloring so the scar look less obvious
- As for the asymmetry, there are 2 options: 1) we can inject a little filler in the right upper lip to raise it to the same level as the left side (my preference), or 2) excise a sliver of red lip from the left side to bring it down to the right side (less predictable and less reversible)
- Overall, I think the microneedling works very well (like a laser without all the heat damage) and a little filler to get as symmetric as possible
UPPER LIP SCAR REVISION: WHAT CAN BE DONE? My upper lip scarred after a burn. Cortisone shots did not improve the scar.
Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
Lip Scar Treatment Options
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.