When drinking water or just swallowing my nose makes a weird noise?

I just had a rhinoplasty 2 days ago but i have noticed that when i drink water or swallow salvia my nose makes a weird noise. I think its air that is being pushed out but its only through my right nostrils. Its quite annoying. Anyone who might know the reason behind this? Will it pass?

Weird Noises after rhinoplasty Surgery

This may be due to swelling , fluid or mucous in the nose. I would discuss this with your surgeon as they are most familiar with what procedures they performed and if there is a problem.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your nose and face are very fragile during Rhinoplasty recovery, and especially within the first 24-48 hours of recovery. I suggest that you apply a drip pad to collect any drainage from the nose. It will improve your breathing which may help with this noise you hear as you drink. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon