How do I get my lips a thicker width but not sticking out duck style? (Photo)

I'd like my lips done but want them to be thicker in width without them sticking out further like duck style. I want the shape bigger to help my lips get closer to my nose but not stick out

How do I get my lips a thicker width but not sticking out duck style?

If done by an expert filler injector, any shape/type/degree of lip enhancement can be performed to suit any face! Visit our Instagram account @miamiskininstitute or search #BestLipsMiami to see examples of all types of filler lip enhancement. 

Miami Dermatologist

Filler

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip lifts - specifically the corner lip lift - can widen your lips without enlarging the lips to create a protruding appearance. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

LESS is MORE to Avoid the Duck LIP!

This is a great question that I think injectors should take as much notice to as patients requesting lip fullness!

No doubt, there will always be patients who prefer this dramatic look, but it is obviously a less than nature shaping for anyone.   Lips should be filled with a resulting balance of the bottom and top lip --- preferably NOT with the top lip extending over ,causing the duck-like appearance. I prefer to be sure the bottom lip is at least 1/3 fuller than the top. Lips can still be "fuller" but they will be defined by where the filler is placed in relation to your natural  shape.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

How do I get my lips a thicker width but not sticking out duck style? = with an special injection technique #lipaugmentation

Lip can be augmented in volume, with, height, and anterior projection depending on the technique used for filler injection ( aka. where the filler is placed).

In order to avoid the lips to look like a "duck style" the LOWER lip has to be bigger than the upper lip. When the lower lip is smaller than the upper one, this gives the appearance of "duck-like" lip

John Mesa, MD

How do I get my lips thicker but not stick out duck style

Thank you for your excellent question.  As you have good volume to your lips already, if you would like to simply fill out your lips you may wish to consider a dermal filler such as Restylane silk which adds a small amount of volume with little lip eversion. More substantial volume enhancement would call for Juvederm ultra plus that is placed appropriately to avoid lip eversion or perhaps into the philtrum to help prevent lip eversion.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation

Hello. When we treat the lips, we can promote definition by treating the border, or volume by treating the body. Depending on where we inject, this can result in the lip everting or rolling out which is desirable in some patients.
When I see your photos, I feel there is already good volume and I fear that injecting any product will cause an unnatural and overfilled look.
That being said, there is always a difference between assessing a photograph and the person, so i would suggest a consultation with an experienced injector.

Tapan Patel, MBBS
London Physician