Can you transfer fat to your legs?

My legs are skinny especially my lower legs! I've always wanted thicker legs. Instead of transferring fat to your butt can you transfer it to your thighs and calves??

Getting Gorgeous Gams

Implants or fat transfer work well to increase the calves and legs. We do this frequently in my practice. I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer to legs

Fat can be effectively transferred to the legs to improve the contour and size. The procedure is less often performed in this area compared to the buttocks due to demand, but is nonetheless safe to do so. Implants are also used, but generally carry greater risks and do not allow for as much flexibility in shaping as does the fat.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                        Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Fat to the legs

The nice thing about fat is that you can transfer fat almost anywhere and for sure the legs are an area that can have fat placed there.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the legs

While fat transfer to the buttocks, breast and face are probably among the more popular fat transfer procedures, fat can be transferred anywhere in the body, as long as there is healthy tissue to support the newly grafted fat. The legs are definitely an option in terms of fat grafting, but I would choose your surgeon carefully and make sure that they are experienced in this area specifically and have done this type of surgery before.

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Thank you for your question.  If you are a good candidate for the procedure, you can most certainly transfer fat to that region of your body.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that best helps you achieve the overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Fat Transfer

Thank you for posting your question. For fat transfer procedures, on average half of the transferred fat will eventually be reabsorbed. It is possible to transfer fat to legs, but it is harder for fat cells to survive in areas that move a lot. You will hence need a lot of fat transferred to make any substantial difference. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you transfer fat to your legs?

Yes it is possible to transfer fat to the legs with good result and I have done so. But these were to defective areas after injury or previous surgery. To get a smooth, even fat transfer in an amount that would would make a substantial difference to areas that large with the subcutaneous texture of the legs would so extremely difficult as to not be practical.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon