How much do I need to save up for a hair transplant? (Photo)

I'm saving up money to get a hair transplant someday. I live in a very rural area, and can't just drive into the city to get a quote. For what it's worth, I'm 29 and have VERY thick, coarse hair. I would like to get the front part done first before the crown. Thank you!

How many grafts and at what cost?

To answer this question, I need to see better pictures. Take a good frontal view with your eyhebros lifted high so that the creases on your forehead show up. Your hairline belongs about one finger width from the highest wrinkle in the mid-line. Then tilt your head down and take another photos with your eyebrows lifted again. Send those to me and I can call you. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How much do I need to save up for a hair transplant?

Thank you for posting your question. You don't have to drive city to city to do consultations, an option you have for example would be. 

1. Skype Consult 
2. Facetime
3. Email Consult with photos attached of the recipient region and donor region. 
4. Phone Consult with photos emailed. 

Above is what we offer to our out-of-town guests. Of course, we always recommend in-person if possible. Also, you can expect to pay for the FUE technology anywhere from $5 up to $13 per graft. The total depends on how many grafts are needed.

I agree with you that doing the first half of your scalp is a great idea, and in the future you can target your crown or zone 4 as we call it. Also consider thickening your crown by using Minoxidil Topical Solution, and consider Finasteride, atleast the topical version.

Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cost of hair transplant

justsomebody,

It is  difficult to assess your condition without the benefit of an in person examination to carefully look at your scalp to rule out any condition that would compromise a good outcome. The two views provided are inadequate also, but it does appear the the hairline and the frontal area has significant hair loss that is covered by the remaining hair falling forward over the thin areas.The number of follicles required can range between 2000-3000 depending on the size of the area involve, the extent of thinning, the size of the alopecia area, and your desire for density. The cost per graft or follicle varies but ranges between $3-5 for FUT and $3.50-10 for FUE in the US. It is best to call and schedule a consultation for a valuable evaluation and precise estimate.

Sincerely,

Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair restoration cost

Can vary depending on how much you need done and how bald you could be in the future.  Also, it can vary by fut vs fue and neograft vs artas.  Most prices are around 4-9$ per graft at the well known clinics.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

The cost of hair transplant surgery varies depending on the doctor/ clinic and the method of harvest.

The cost of hair transplant surgery varies depending on the doctor/ clinic and the method of harvest.  As you continue to lose more hair you may need further surgery.
So it is not always about the cost.
It has more to do with planning.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon