FUT Hair transplant with dissolvable stitches. How can I remove them?

12 days ago I had a FUT hair transplant. Since the Dr. is not in the same state as me they used dissolvable stitches. They did recommend if I had a nurse or Dr. friend nearby to remove them after 10 days for a better healing scar line. My wife is an RN, but said they look difficult to remove. How important is removing them quicker to a better scar line? Can they be dissolved quicker? Should I make a Dr. appointment with a regular GP and ask to have them removed?

Dissolvable Stitches After Strip Surgery

The time it takes for dissolvable stitches to disappear can vary.  Most types should start to dissolve or fall out within a week or two.  If your wound has healed and the stitches are bothering you, you might want to consider making an appointment with your GP to have them removed.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have dissolving sutures, the idea is that you don't need to remove them. If you have issues it is best to ask your surge

If you have dissolving sutures, the idea is that you don't need to remove them. If you have issues it is best to ask your surgeon. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dissolvable sutures

Dissolvable sutures take sometime up to 6-7 weeks to dissolve. Yes your family doctor can remove them if your wfie can't

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon