7 weeks post smart lipo upper and lower abs and still lumpy and swollen? When will I see results?

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Healing process

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Lumpiness

Thank you for posting your question. After smart lipo the average is about 4-6 months for swelling to go away. Follow up closely with your physician to address your concerns and consider lumphatic massage or Velashape treatments to smoothe out skin.

Lumpiness

Smart lipo

It takes time for the swelling to subside. Hardness in the area smart lipo was performed is quite common. Usually around the 4 to 6 month point you will see results. Continue to follow all instructions and contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns. Best wishes.

Smart lipo

SmartLipo

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. 7 weeks is too early to determine your final results. Hardness in the area is common after SmartLipo and will begin resolving over the next 3 months. I usually have my patient’s wear their compression garments with topifoam and daily light massaging to break it up and make the area smoother and softer. You can also take 1 capsule of Resveratrol a day to assist in recovery. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

SmartLipo

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. After smart lipo, your body needs time to readjust into its new shape. Even though the exact time needed for recovery varies among individuals, on average it takes about 4-6 months for swelling to go away. Follow up closely with your physician to address your concerns and give your body more time. Best of luck.

Smart Lipo

It takes 6 months to get your final result from Smartlipo

everyone reacts differently. i have done over 640 Smartlipo cases in my office under local anesthesia with oral sedation. having some lumpiness is not unusual. Not everyone gets lumpiness but some do. it will almost certainly resolve with time. it will probably speed things up if you just massage the lumpiness yourself. Despite what other doctors have said below, you don't need to invest in other modalities to get rid of the lumpiness, it will just resolve with time.

remember, one of the great things about Smartlipo, is that you will continue to improve for 6 months, so hang in there and be patient. 

david berman md

david berman md

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Swelling and lumps can be normal up to 6 months, but massage and RF treatments like venus legacy/exilis and z wave/cellutone can give improvement.  If this is permanent irregularity, this may need surgical revision with liposuction and/or skin removal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post lipo swelling

Thank you for your question. Everybody heals different and usually swelling can last up to 3-6 months sometimes. I recommend you talk to your PS for possible venus legacy radifrequency skin tightening or lymphatic massage.

Post lipo swelling

Smart lipo

Everyone's body responds differently as healing takes place. There are usually plateaus after 6 weeks at 3,6,9 and 12 months. Different areas such as the tummy may heal slower.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Smart lipo

It takes 3 to 6 months to see the final results so there is no point in judging the outcome at this point.