Is it safe to get Smart Lipo after having done CoolSculpting?

I am scheduled for smartlipo on the abdomen in 1.5 months, and I was wondering if it would be safe to get coolsculpting in the same area next week. I have had it done before and lost about 3 pounds after a week w minimal swelling and no pain. I thought that maybe if I get it done again the smartlipo might be even more effective since it will be able to get to more of the fat? Just wondering if it's safe! I know pretty much what results I can expect so no need to wait the full 4 months for that.

I would recommend holding off on the cool sculpting since you have smart liposuction scheduled.  You will get the best result with the smart lipo.

Smart lipo 6 weeks after coolsculpting

No problem doing lipo soon after coolsculpting. The results and recovery are the same as if no coolsculpting was done.

Getting the Right Combo for the Results You Want: Coolsculpting, Liposuction, ThermiRF, ultrasound

Yes, you can have Coolsculpting done before your procedure. With liposuction, I recommend a combination with ThermiRF/ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most contouring, fat removal and sculpting. It may be better to combine treatments with your liposuction. I would consult with your Dr. about your goals and what options are best for you. Best, Dr. Emer

Smart Lipo after CoolSculpting

I would not recoomend this for a few reasons.  First, the CoolSculpting may cause some scrring or inflammed tissue that will decrease the results of your liposuction, not improve them.  I would wait a minimum of 6 months between these procedures.

Second, both these therapies treat the same issue.  If you are seeing someone experienced with liposuction, they should be able to achieve the results you want from that treatment alone.  You do not need the CoolSculpt.  If they are in different areas, then feel free to proceed.

Good luck to you,

Dr. Powell

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon

Smart Lipo after Cool Sculpting

You can do Cool Sculpting again, but it may cause some scar tissue and make the smart lipo slightly more difficult.

An exam and consultation with a/your plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.