How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

What is the price range?  Does the amount of weight lost affect the cost?

Cost of body lift and body lift effects

Great job!! I would budget $11-18K.  I would also wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

The lower body lift is the cornerstone of lower body rejuvenation, yet I feel it is still underutilized.
The recovery is mild, and the trade-off between the well placed thin bikini scar and the rejuvenation it provides is quite favorable.
Whether for weight loss, post-liposuction deformities or intractable cellulite, it is a highly predictable procedure. Post-operative discomfort is consistently well tolerated;  one feels "flu-like" for about two weeks.
The redundant tissues from the hip and back make for an excellent source for autologous(your own) buttock augmentation.
Lipoplasty of inner thigh, anterior thigh and knee can enhance the overall sculpting of the final result
Ultherapy can be used as an adjunct to tighten the inner thighs scarlessly as well as to treat wrinkling of the knees, completing rejuvenation of the lower body aesthetic unit such that shorts and skirts can be worn.

The operation relies on the vascular principles described by Lockwood and improved upon by Pascal.
Intimate knowledge of the anatomy minimizes blood loss and surgical trauma facilitating recovery.
As with any procedure, experience and a keep aesthetic eye improve the eventual outcome and patient satisfaction.
Relapse of redundancy and cellulite was an issue til my publication on the use of SERI surgical scaffold greatly reduced or eliminated relapse while improving scar quality circumstantially.
With these modifications as well as Ultherapy for areas not treated by this surgery(knees and inner thighs with extreme laxity) patient satisfaction has been consistently high; a significant improvement over the procedure performed in the recent past(3-5 years ago). 

The fee for the lower body lift alone varies from $8,000-$10,000 including buttock, hip and outer thigh lipoplasty, and increases incrementally with the inclusion of formal abdominoplasty, additional areas of lipoplasty, autologous buttock augmentation and Ultherapy, all adding time and expertise to the final result.

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Cost of a Body Lift

The cost of a body lift will depend on a variety of factors that include:

• Your geographical location
  • Surgeon’s experience
  • Surgeon’s expertise
  • Anesthesiologist’s fee
  • Facility fee
  • Procedures elected to be performed

Where you live will be a key factor that determines how much your body lift will cost. The price will generally run higher in major metropolitan areas due to the increased cost of overhead. Surgeons with more experience and higher expertise may charge more due to their specialized training. Generally, a body lift typically averages between $4,000 and $14,000. However, this is only a rough estimate and will fluctuate based on the various factors stated above. Lastly, a body lift is a combination of 2 or more body contouring procedures to help achieve a sleeker, tighter figure. The price will fluctuate based on what procedures have been elected for the body lift.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How much does a lower body lift cost?

Where I practice in Houston, the cost of cosmetic surgery is determined by the scope of the operation and the time required to perform the operation.  The greater the scope and longer the operative time, the higher the costs.  Not all body lifts are of equal scope.  The total cost, including the necessary stay in the surgical facility, may vary from $10,000 to $20,000 (Yes, quite a wide range!).  An abdominoplasty is an essential component to most lower body lifts.  The lower body lift may then extend around the flank and even connect in the back.  Liposuction may also be included in the procedure and be of benefit to contour areas that have not completely reduced from the weight loss alone.  Best of luck!

Paul Fortes, MD

Lower body lift cost will be 15-25 K

Thank you for the question.  A lower body lift involves the removal of tissue circumstantially (all of the way around) your waist at the level of your lower bikini line.  This can be considered a tummy tuck for the front and a buttock/thigh lift for the back and sides.  The cost of all of this including anesthesia, operating room, and surgeons fee can vary widely but you should expect a range of 15-25 K depending on the area of the country.  You should have several consults and should seek out board certified plastic surgeons with a practice that lies heavily on body contouring.  

All of the best,

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

In our facility the average cost is 14,500 – 20,000 dollars depending on the amount of time it takes for the procedure. We require a one night stay in the facility.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift pricing

Body lifts are general category for tightening the skin of the trunk usually following massive weight loss.    It can come as a lower body lift or upper body lift.  The lower body lift typically addresses the abdomen, buttocks and hip region.   Body lifts are generally long operations 4-8 hours.  They should only be done in accredited surgery centers or the hospitals likely under general anesthesia.  they should only be done by board certified plastic surgeons.  This is the type of operation that can have major complications and safety is critically important.

The price of this operation is VERY dependent on the individual anatomy and where the excess skin and tissue is located.  I would recommend getting multiple estimates from different surgeons before proceeding with the surgery.  In general a body lift can run between 13,000 and 20,000 dollars or more.  This would include outpatient surgery with OR fees, Anesthesia, and surgeon fees.

How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

A lower body lift procedure in our practice costs about 15k. This includes the Circumferential Lift, OR and anesthesia cost, 1 night in the hospital and a pain catheter placement. We also include a blood thinner in our cost that will be injected for 1 week after the procedure.

Range for Lower Body Lifting Surgery

Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

In my practice, this would range $10,000-$15,000 depending on how much work is performed.

Maryland - Metropolitan Washington DC Bodylift

Lower body lifts mean different things to different patients and plastic surgeons. I consider a lower body lift to encompass:

• tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening and umbilical transposition
  • monslift (lifting of the pubic region)
  • lateral thigh lift with fascial release
  • buttock lift +/- buttock auto-augmentation
  • any necessary liposuction of the flank back region

Prices will depend not only on the geographic market, but also the expertise of the plastic surgeon. In my region the average LBL is around $16-20K.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon