I don't like my profile view, as my lips don't look good. What are my options? (Photo)

I would just like to know based off my photo, what could improve my lip profile. I understand that a rhinoplasty is nessesary as well however i know my lips are very off as well and i cant quite explain how, i think its maybe the spacing.

Lip Fillers or Permalip

Hi Lizbertino86

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your lips. You really look great!

However when you are unhappy with something it can affect your self esteem and make you feel low.

Lip fillers may be the way to go - at least to start with. There is a very wide range of products currently available and the most usual component in modern wrinkle fillers is hyaluronic acid. This substance is found naturally in almost all body tissues. When injected as a filler, it is immediately effective in correcting creases and is slowly absorbed over 6-12 months. Earlier generations of fillers used collagen which was purified from animal tissue and these caused allergic reactions in some patients. Allergic reaction is a rare complication with the modern generation of hyaluronic acid fillers.

See how you get on with this non permanent solution and then maybe if it suits you can do something more permanent like Permalip.

All the best with your journey

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Options for Lips

Actually I don't see much in the photos that look unusual. Yes, your nose is wide and a little prominent for your face. Your lips appear full but perhaps they lack a little definition and they might be able to be 'rolled' our just a little. If you see a physician who performs this kind of work he will be able  to guide you into making the right decision.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Rhinoplasty and lip issue

It think that you need to be seen in person to determine what you are specifically interested in doing.  Best of luck.

Lip and Profile Concerns

In my opinion, lip filler should never really affect the profile, unless they are extremely small and thin. No one wants protruding lips; it is the tell tale sign of bad filler injections. As you know, a rhinoplasty would be more effective for your profile alignment. Rather than change your lips, which appear full already and nicely shaped, you could consider a chin implant to help balance that fullness. A consultation would be very helpful to determine what is best for you.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Lip Augmentation should be a good procedure for you.  An in person consultation would be needed to evaluate the changes.  I would also expect that you would like a conservative one syringe approach.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

I don't like my profile view, as my lips don't look good. What are my options?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Because your lips appear to have good symmetry and volume an in-person examination to discuss what exactly you dislike is needed in order to discuss possible treatment options.  

Lip Augmentation

Hi,

If you are thinking about augmenting your lips, the best way to find a good doctor is to compare your lips with before and after pics of the doc you are interested in. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Lip augmentation techniques vary with type of lip rather than the type of doctor. In my clinic I use Juvederm and silicone fillers for the lips.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty face, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Rhinoplasty will also positively affect your profile. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD