My top lip is short, the sides are thin. It lacks shape. I want long proportioned lips. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing a photo. It is difficult to tell solely on the photo you provided, however, your case seems fairly simple. A consultation would be essential to determine what filler would be best for you as well as the technique to be used. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for optimal results. Best of Luck.

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Perlane, Voluma), Implants, Fat

These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. For best results, I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist that specializes in facial contouring and injections. Best, Dr. Emer

My top lip is short, the sides are thin. It lacks shape. I want long proportioned lips.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is a bit small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Reshaping my upper lips

Thank you for asking about reshaping your upper lips.

I think that a little filler might be all you need to balance your upper lip.  Please see a plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist to for treatment but make it clear the look you want..

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Filler for lip augmentation.

Thank you for this important question. I believe you would benefit from a dermal filler. I am using Restlyane Silk the most, and Juvederm a close second in my practice. Silk is very nice since the HA particles are smaller and create a beautiful augmentation with better balance and helps to avoid an overdone appearance. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

My top lip is short, the sides are thin. It lacks shape. I want long proportioned lips. Can it be fixed?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  The use of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, such as Juvederm, can supply a nice increase in lip volume and definition to hopefully help you reach your desired look.  I would advise seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to discuss your goals and have the most appropriate treatment recommended.  

Improving lip proportions is easy as "Silk"

I use Restylane Silk for this. Within reason, lip shape can be change with fillers. Silk allows for fine control of the lips. Making the top lip too big can look abnormal so be careful. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation

Lola.    Your photo demonstrates that you already have attractive lips. I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with filler like Juvederm ultra Plus, with more attention to your lateral lips. Start conservatively, because too much filler in your lips could look extremely unnatural. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip Augmentation

Yes, you can definitely augment and re-shape the proportions of your lips with the right filler.  Please consult an expert in lip injections for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green