Why are my lips asymmetrical? (Photo)

Recently I have noticed my lips to be asymmetrical. But day by day, I notice my whole entire face to becoming uneven, one of my eyes is smaller than the other and one cheek is flat than the other. My face hasn't always been like this, what is going on?

Asymmetry in the face?

Thanks for your question. Asymmetry of the face is normal. However, changes to asymmetry could be a sign of other processes going on. I suggest you have a check up with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist about the asymmetry you have recently noticed getting worse. Best, DR. ALDO :)

Recently I have noticed my lips to be asymmetrical. But day by day, I notice my whole entire face to becoming uneven

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Think of facial beauty as something that is defined by the shape and "aesthetic beauty" of individual facial (same for the body) features, not by the degree of symmetry.  Beauty in a woman's face is determined by the aesthetic shape of the cheeks, eye are (eyebrow & eyes) and lips followed by the other facial features...even if these were perfectly symmetric but not properly shaped, the face would not appear to be feminine or beautiful. Natural looking beauty is created by the aesthetic vision of what tissue layers need to be adjusted by what technique and amount.

Hope this helps.

My face is not symmetric and getting even more so

Thank you for asking about your facial symmetry.

No one's face is symmetric - we are often started by how asymmetric we are, once we start looking at ourselves. Your lips to my eye, look more symmetric than most. If however you truly believe your face is visibly changing and one side is normal, the other not, you can consult a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Most Faces Are Asymmetrical

Most of us have asymmetrical faces.

We need to consider both sides of our face "sisters," and not "twins." That is, we have subtle imperfections from one side of the face to the next.

Once we begin having cosmetic facial treatments we cannot help but inspect our face far more often than before. We then start to notice the imperfections we've always had, but never noticed.

I'd suggest following up with your injector and have them show you before and after photos. Very often, they will be able to show you these asymmetries existed before your treatment. If they did not, it is their job to help fix them.

Philip A. Alves, MD
Toronto Physician

Why are my lips asymmetrical?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  There is an inherent asymmetry to each person's face with some features more prominent than others.  Based on your supplied image you appear to have a well-balanced face but if you see areas that you would like to improve upon, set up a consultation with an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss possible treatment options.  Hope this helps.  

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo.  Everyone has some degree of Asymmetry.  If it bothers you, most asymmetry can be fixed with fillers.   Be sure to see an experienced injector.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and the Lips

Everyone is asymmetric, whether it be with their lips or other facial features.  Often lip asymmetry has to do with someone's bite and teeth.  All of these asymmetries can be corrected with fillers by an expert.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in facial cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Facial asymmetry- normal or abnormal

Facial asymmetry is ubiquitous, that is it is present on every single patient if you look carefully enough.

When asymmetries are out of specification, they may need addressing.  However every patient has an asymmetrical face.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Assymetric lips

Thank you for your photos. Facial assymmetry is normal in people. This is due to a combination of genetics as well as lifestyle such as sleeping more on one side of the face etc. As we get older, these asymmetries become more apparent. Assymetric lips and cheek volume can be corrected with different types of fillers which will help restore the correct volume and shape into the side that is deficient. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the best treatment plan to achieve more symmetry. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Perlane, Voluma), Implants, Fat

Most people have minor asymmetries. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) can be used to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. Lasers can sometimes help asymmetry. I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation to go over your desired results and options. Best, Dr. Emer