Rhinoplasty. I am a nail technician. How long do I have to take off from work?

I wanted to ask am getting a rhinoplasty sergery done and wanted to know I am a nail technician how long do I have to take off from work

Rhinoplasty and work

Since your job probably does not require heavy lifting, you can probably go back within a week or so. You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty and down time

You will need one week of recovery before you can return to your work as a nail technician.If you work with very strong smelling liquids then you might have to wear a facial mask.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Many patients return to work once the dressing, which covers the eyes and nose, is removed. Typically, the last of the dressing is removed. I would recommend returning to work once the dressing is removed, but remaining very careful because your nose is very fragile and even the slight pressure of eye glasses can affect your results. For the most accurate and careful recommendation, please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. I usually recommend taking off work for one week. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Time off from work after a rhinoplasty

In our practice, the cast is applied across the nose for 6 days, and patient's have visible bruising and swelling for 10-14 days. If patient's do not want to have anyone detect bruising and swelling, 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time should be taken off from work. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Time off work after rhinoplasty

Dear mayrayis,

I recommend taking  1 week off work after surgery. This will allow you time to heal and recover and prevent an early complication. I would follow up with your surgeon for you post op visit before you return to work to ensure they feel comfortable. Best regards, Gina Chu, MD

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from the rhinoplaty

Most patients can resume their social and professional activities in 7-10 days and resume heavy exercises in 3 weeks. If you do not care about the bandages, some bruising or some swelling you can return to work in 3-4 days.
Good Luck

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon