Ptosis repair surgery botched? (Photo)

Had 1st ptosis repair surgery Aug 27,2015 on my left upper eyelid by Dr.Gregory Louis 2nd surgery was Dec 10,2015(same dr.) now I have a funny looking arch in the middle of eyelid dr. said it would go down/resolve itself when I massaged it but it didn't and it also still does not look right it doesn't look like my right eye at all almost looks like it's a different shape than my right eye?? l I don't know what to do when I called back to office they just brushed me off

Ptosis repair surgery botched?

They define the look of the eye and our appearance as well. Eyelids are the first things that reflect when we are tired or sleepy. Therefore the condition of both upper and lower eyelid is important. Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery can be performed to lower eyelid, upper eyelid or both. Blepharoplasty covers removing the excess skin tissue in the upper eyelid, removing the excess fat tissue and skin tissue in the lower eyelid and repositioning the eyelid line in both areas. The incision can be made via scalpel as well as laser. We perform laser blepharoplasty since it is faster and safer and it yields a faster recovery period. The laser is actually used for the incision for removal of the hooding skin of the upper eyelids. The result is dramatic, evident immediately, and bruising is usually minimal with the laser.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Results

I agree with you that your results are not ideal.  Once you have completely healed (in about 3 months), if you aren't happy with your result, I would suggest you get an opinion from another physician. A "Flowers" procedure may be required to match the sulcus position of the oposite eye.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Heal from this surgery.

Once you are healed, you will have a left upper eyelid that is too how and a crease that is too high.  You can be help in this situation but it needs to be done by someone who really knows what they are doing when it comes to revising unsatisfactory prior eyelid surgery.  You need someone who devotes a significant part of their practice to revision these type of eyelids.  The fact that you have residual ptosis makes that type of repair a possibility.  Please see my ebook cited below for more information about how these are repaired with microblepharoplasty.  Ideally you should heal 6 to 12 months before having this further worked on.

Ptosis post op

You are still healing at this stage.  However, your lid is still low and the crease is now too high.  Let things heal and see where you end up.  If the lid is too low, you may do better with an internal approach to lift the lid.  This will help to hide the crease.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon