Fractional CO2 Ablative Laser or SMARTSKIN CO2 Front of legs from the knees to the top of thighs?

I had my procedure on 9/14/16. I still have the discoloration from the procedure and also my skin is like sandpaper and I have more wrinkles especially around my knees, actually creases now! How long before they go back to normal, even if this procedure does not work, will the skin on my legs at least go back to the way they were: no discoloration and way less dryness and wrinkled skin??? That's all I'm hoping for at this point. (I am a caucasion female 56 years old.) Thank you

Thanks for your query. This is a common side effect of fraxel laser. Just apply a very low potent steroid for few days and keep it moisturized well. You can do this for a week, if still the same condition persists, then you can show it to your dermatologist. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Co2 pigmentation and dryness treatment with skin care, peels and sun protectiong--See an expert

My suggestion is to see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lasers and skin care. This type of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation needs to be treated very specifically with skin care, sun protection and peels. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer