How long till I can get a revision for bigger implants? (photo)

I am 7 weeks post op With 480 UHP under the muscle implants. I feel like my implants aren't as big as I expected them to be.. It isn't anything against my surgeon personally I think he does good work! I just wish I chose a bigger size. I want to go to 600 cc at least so I can be a DD or more..With the pictures provided do you think my body frame could fit 600 ccs plus ? If so, when can I make a consultation to have another surgery? Do they have to finish dropping ect ..

Replacing implants

I think you result is very good.
You certainly can get a consultation now and have your new implants place in a little over one month. 

Increase size with Breast Implants

I have my patients wait 6 weeks if they wish to go bigger.  Your implants look as if they have dropped into the correct location.  I think you can fit any size implants you desire but keep in mind that larger implants have higher risks of bottoming out, implant malposition, rippling, and sagging over time.  You can make another consultation to have more surgery anytime.  The recovery is much easier the second time around - since the muscle has already been stretched and divided to fit the implant inside.  Best of luck!

How long till I can get bigger implants?

Your photos show a result the is very good, however you can have a larger  implant if you wish. The 600cc implant may not be what you want, as it takes at least 150cc to make a visible difference when sizing up or down. Wait at least 3 months to allow the skin envelope to relax before you upsize.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

Bigger implants will not solve your problem. A larger implant will make them hang even lower than they are already.Your problem it not lack of volume but poor positioning.You would benefit from a simultaneous lift.Most women refuse breast lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with lollipop or boat anchor incisions.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.The implants you have currently will be adequate but need to be repositioned and your breast tissue needs to be repositioned as well.This should have be done at the time of your first operation.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How long till I can get a revision for bigger implants?

When it comes to breast surgery, there is no specific/accurate correlation between size of breast implant used and specific cup size achieved.  Therefore, discussing goals or evaluating outcome of surgery based on specific cup sizes can be a source of miscommunication and/or disappointment. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   Therefore, I ask that my patients not base their communication preoperatively OR  their satisfaction with the outcome of surgery postoperatively, on achieving a specific cup size.  

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to  revisionary breast augmentation concerns), helps.  Best wishes.

How soon can you increase size with breast implants

I do agree that your implants have dropped and you have a nice shape. However, to minimize the chance for a complication such as capsular contracture due to scar tissue, I would wait a minimum of 3 months before increasing breast size, and ideally 6 months. At that point I agree, that to make a meaningful change in size you need to go up at least 150cc.  You do have to remember that the risk of bottoming out does go up, but your frame looks like you would be fine with larger implants.

Discuss it anytime, but don't do it for 6 months!

As stated before, there is a period of time you should wait before proceeding with any type of revision implant surgery.  You are young, and so your implants may continue to settle for another couple of months, thus appearing "bigger."  In the meantime, your body is creating a layer of scar around your implants called the "capsule."  A soft capsule means a soft implant and good result.  Doing anything to jeopardize that is foolish.  So you let the capsule mature for at least 6 months before another surgery.  If you do another surgery, add more than just 120cc or I think you'll be underwhelmed with the change.  Hopefully, you'll realize that you have a great result with where you are now a live a little before "upgrading."  Good luck.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

When you like your surgeon

you should continue seeing him/her.  Since you chose the size, your surgeon won't feel threatened and should be happy to help you achieve what you desire, assuming it will fit on your frame.  Looking at pictures won't do that but from what you have provided, you look pretty good as is.   As for timing, I always recommend my patients wait a little as it may be just enough to allow you to become better acquainted with the size and look and realize that is is good enough.  More surgery brings more risk, costs, and the potential for long term deleterious effects that would require more surgery. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Getting bigger implants

We make our patients wait a few months. Sometimes they realize that they are actually big enough. It takes 6-8 weeks for the inflammation surrounding the implant to abate. At that time you can safely go larger. If only a small amount of an increase would make you happy, liposuction with fat transfer to the breast can give you a more athletic abdomen and larger breast. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS