Gynecomastia + Abdominoplasty. How much am I looking at? (Photo)

During puberty I went through several spurts of rapid weight gain which left stretch marks. I've gone from 5'8 230lbs to 175lbs in 9 months. My goal is 155lbs then to start building muscle. My skin has not kept up so I want to get surgery on my chest and abdomen once all the weight is off. I was wondering how extensive the procedure would be in my case, and if getting them done together would be cheaper. Will the chest surgery leave a big scar?

Gynecomastia Surgery, Tummy Tuck & the Costs

It is not uncommon to combine a tummy tuck with male breast reduction. There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 
Costs will also vary with geographic location.  Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.
Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Gynecomastia and tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss. You can definitely have both procedures done at the same time and you will have some savings on the cost by doing them at the same time. The scarring involved for the chest will depend on the looseness and amount of hanging skin you have. I would recommend having a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best plan for you.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Gynecomastia

It may be possible to have both  surgeries at the same time. The issue is the elasticity of your skin and the exact situation with your abdomen.If you need a body lift as opposed to an abdominoplasty the operations will need to be separted.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Horizontal Scar Mastectomy and Tummy Tuck

Hello. You are on the right track with weight loss. Unfortunately after you reach your goal, you will have more extra skin on both the chest and abdominal areas. You definitely will need the Free nipple graft technique (or double horizontal scar) mastectomy. This is necessary to remove extra skin. The resulting scars are strategically placed on the breast crease. 

For the abdomen, you will need a Tummy Tuck and have a great prognosis. I have done both procedures in the past, during the same surgical time with success.  Getting them done together does make a procedure more economical. Typical starting costs for the Chest surgery would be $5,900 and also $5,900 for the abdomen, but together the typical cost in my area would be around $10,000. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Chest and Abomen in One Surgery

Thank you for your pictures.  Once you have reached your goal weight you can address both your chest and abdomen in one operation.  Please seek out several board certified plastic surgeons for consultation