So currently I have 325 high profile implants and was thinking about exchanging for 425 moderate plus implant?

Will I see a big difference between the two types of implant?

High profile to moderate plus implants?

Exchanging 325 cc high profile implants for 425 cc moderate plus implants could be problematic.  By not adding enough volume to later feel the surgery was worth it, if you are interested in increasing size.  Understand that this would also give a significantly wider implant.  Usually when going to a larger size there is a transition to a more narrow type of implant, not a wider type of implant.  That is not to say it is always inappropriate.  If your chest is somewhat wide and the 325 cc high profile implants were too narrow, then the increased width will make for a nice enhancement and better proportions.  Most women desiring larger implants should add 150 to 200 cc or a little more to be happy with the change in size.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Depends

It depends on what size you want to be?  Depending on your height and frame, 100cc increase in size should make you go up a cup size. You should show your plastic surgeon photos of how large you want to be and let him figure out what size to go up to.

Andre Aboolian, MD

About Exchanging Current Implants with a Larger Size

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingient on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Going larger with breast implants

A 100 cc difference is a noticeable but subtle difference. This amounts to slightly over 3 ounces.  Add a 100 cc sizer (100 cc rice filled nylon stocking) to one of your current breasts and try a camisole over that and compare the two different breast sizes. When going larger I generally advise my patients to consider a 50% difference in order to make a noticeable change that is worth undergoing the procedure.  

100 CC Increase Will Be Visible

Hello, I believe this 100 cc increase will result in a visible difference.  The moderate plus profile will have slightly less projection than the high profile, but it will be larger and wider.  You might see or feel other differences if you are exchanging smooth for textured.  The magnitude of the differences will be harder to see if you are tall or if your native breast tissue is large.  Best of luck with your revision.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Big difference?

You will certainly see a difference for sure. As a surgeon, it's always hard to make a general statement without examining a patient. The next best thing would be to take a look a photos and knowing your weight and height. Not sure why you are going for a lower profile with a larger implant unless you "like the look". Usually the higher profile implants look perkier and more youthful compared to the lower profile variety. The problem now is that you can't try both of them on and see for yourself now that you have implants already.

If you want larger, these will be larger and oftentimes this 100cc difference makes a nice difference.

Exchanging for 425 moderate plus implant.

The 100 cc difference is not great and the difference in profile relative to the volume not a big change as well. You are likely to see a difference, though we would not expect a a big one.

Will look different

In my experience, a 100 mL increase will be visible as well be widening of the base of the implant compared to the 325 cc implant. Some amount of capsule enlargement will probably be necessary as well. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for ME (revisionary breast surgery)?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “a big difference” or "up a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Difference between 325 high and 425 moderate plus

100cc increase is enough to make a noticeable difference. The new implants will not project (stick out as much), but they will fill out your upper breast better. Increasing size usually gives a more unnatural appearance, however, dropping down to lower profile will mitigate that and maybe look even more natural.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon