I'm 4 weeks post op - uneven breasts. (photos)

325cc high profile implant in the right breast and 295 cc in the left. I'm quite concerned how uneven and saggy they look at 4 weeks post op. Is this normal or should I expect a revision surgery ?

Asymmetry Concern 4 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation

It is still quite early into your healing and it's not uncommon for #asymmetry as each breast heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural.

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
You must have patience, but if there are any causes of concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. 

Asymmetry

Good morning!

You do have some asymmetry, but you are waaaay too early to make any judgements or decisions about whether you will need a revision or not. Give it at least 12-16 weeks, follow your PS' recommendations, and if after that time period you still have some asymmetry sit down and discuss the possible solutions with your PS.

Post op Breast Lift with Implants - uneven breasts.

From your preop photos you have some degree of asymmetry prior to surgery. Nevertheless, this can be corrected during the procedure. 4 weeks is still pretty early from the time of surgery, so you can still expect a lot of changes over the next few months. Please discuss you concerns with your surgeon and work together to come up with a solution that helps to achieve your goals.

Asymmetry

It is worth noting you had asymmetry present prior to surgery and this remains present.  4 weeks is early to evaluate results, and the breasts will change over time.  This can certainly be improved if it persists, and you should discuss with your surgeon

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

I'm 4 weeks post op - uneven breasts.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Given that you are only four weeks out of surgery, I think that it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. I would expect further changes to occur over the next several months. For example, as the breast implants fully "settle", the lower breast pole tends to fill out and the nipple/areola complexes are better centered on each breast mound.

In other words, do not be surprised if you are happier with the outcome of the procedure performed several months from now, than you are today.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes.