Not sure if areolar breast lift (maxoplasty) will be necessary after implant removal?? (photos)

Hello.I am 21 years old.i got a breast augmentationwhen i turned 18 inColombia. I have gelfilled implaints. I went from about a 24B to a 36C. Ive decided to have them removed. My fear is that when i take them out that my breasts will sag. Is there any way you can tell by only looking at the pictures if i will be needing one? Areolar breast lift (Maxoplasty),do you thnk that this procedure is right for me? Thank you for helping. Please let me know if you need more orbetter angled pictures.

Size will diminish and volume....

Mastopexy or breast lift for you will be a personal decision.  You will need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon as to what post implant removal look you are going for ultimately.  Fat grafting might be an option.  But just the photos shown do not immediately illustrate the need for a mastopexy (breast lift).  

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal - do I need a lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • I think you will need a small vertical breast lift to have a pretty shape to your breasts.
  • The reason - implants press on breast tissue and widen and flatten it.
  • Even if your breasts don't sag, they will be flat, wide and emplty looking.
  • The lift reshapes the breast so although small, the shape is pretty.
  • An areolar breast lift without the vertical component will not reshape the breast tissue and is likely to leave the breast looking even flatter.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

It doesn't look like you will need  lift, but you will have some loose skin. If you want a firm, tight, perky breast, then a full mastopexy will do that. No reason to do just an aereola lift or doughnut mastopexy.Good luck,
Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

Breast lift?

It is hard to predict if you will need a lift. What you can d, is have them removed and wait several months to decide if you need a lift.

Breast Lift after Implant Removal

Based on your photos,m it is difficult to comment whether you will need a lift or not. The good things are that you are young and you have not had your implants for a long time. I recommend you have them removed, allow the skin envelope to shrink and see if you are happy with the shape and appearance of the breast, You can always have the lift done at a later date. Best wishes.

No way to say for sure, but you've got the best chance of any

Several factors tie into whether or not you will need a lift after implant removal.  Probably the most important one is the quality of your tissues.  You look to have great skin quality and certainly have youth on your side.  It doesn't look like you have an overly large implant so that also puts things in your favor.  My advice is to find a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust and communicate your goals to and feel completely understood and comfortable.  After an evaluation, I think you will get a better idea of what might be necessary to reach your goals.  Hope this helps.-JGH

Breast implant removal

Removing your breast implants will result in loss of volume. Depending on the size of your implants there may be some resultant sagging. Younger patients will typically have better rebound of the skin. I would recommend an in person consultation to evaluate you and create the best operative plan. Options will be simply removal of the implants versus removal and a lift.  Good luck to you 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - areolar breast lift (maxoplasty)

There are many different types of breast lifts (called "mastopexy') but, in view of your (relatively young) age and the fact that they haven't been in that long, I would probably advise you to simply remove the implants, give it 6-12 months, and then consider a breast lift at that time.If you have your heart set on have your breasts lifted, then you will need a mastopexy - but a circumareolar may not be adequate.  And I would hesitate to put more scarring on your at this stage of your life unless truly indicated.You should of course make this decision in consultation with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons who can see you in person and make an appropriate assessment and recommendations for you. But I'd most likely suggest that you just remove the implants at this time, and then let it settle for a few months - or longer - before going for a lift.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500