Can I sign for my 17 year old to get implants without her dad's permission?

My daughter is 17 with very small a cup breasts with constricted breast tissue. Ps related this could be fixed. She will be a small c cup when done. She is an A student and great kid. Her father whom I'm divorced from said over his dead body. Can he sue me or stop the procedure?

Doctor Answers 2

Breast Aug On A Minor?

Thank you for your question! You will not be able to find a doctor who will operate on a minor.  You need to be 18 years old to have saline implants and 21 to have gel.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

No you can't sign and it has nothing to do with your ex!

The FDA does not allow anyone to have implants if they are under 18, but after she turns 18 she is a candidate for saline implants.  At that point she would no longer be a minor and could sign for them herself and your ex would have no say in the matter.  If she does not have a breast deformity like Polands Syndrome, I would tell you to wait until she is 18 which would prevent any illegalities and problems with her father.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD, FACS
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.