Can chin implant elongate the face? E.g placed forward and downward? Do dermal fillers give same results as chin implants?

Hiya, I've got a round shaped face and would like to make it longer, so instead of choosing a jaw reshaping surgery, i was thinking of botox jaw reduction as well as a chin implant. I have got a weak chin, and would like an implant to be placed both forward and downward. Is that possible? What other options are there to gain such results? Is it possible to get these results with dermal chin fillers? Thanks in advance.

Chin implant

I use a special implant to yet both anterior and inferior projection (see link). It is designed for that purpose which is better than using a regular implant and placing it differently.
Filler results tend to be rather subtle for the chin. If you try to use a lot to get more effect then other problems will crop up. Go for the implant.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile. The implants are composed of Silastic, are usually placed through a submental approach under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. The chin and implants are both three-dimensional structures, so a full set of pictures are required to make a determination about being a candidate. Silastic chin implants can also be custom carved when needed to match patient's unique anatomy. For more information, diagrams, and many examples, please see the video and the link below

I've got a round shaped face and would like to make it longer, so instead of choosing a jaw reshaping surgery, i was thinking of

Hi, I have performed many chin augmentations and facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.  

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance that makes the nose appear larger, the lower face short and the mid face appear top heavy while de-emphasizing the lips and allowing early "double chin" formation.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.  I perform Chin Augmentation in 30 minutes or less, ofthen using local anesthesia alone.

Hope this helps.

Can chin implant elongate the face?

Thanks for the question but without true front and side view photos there is no way to comment an what shape changing surgery would be appropriate for your face. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Can Chin Implant Elongate the Face?

There are literally hundreds of chin implants that are different sizes and shapes giving us great flexibility in what can be achieved. Dermal chin fillers can provide volume but not the definition we can achieve with implants.