Mole removal redness and bruising?

I got two flat small moles removed from my face yesterday by a plastic surgeon. She removed them with a scalpel and cauterized the area with something that burned so bad, she put a bandaid on it and i went home. I noticed today that the area around my mole area is bruised and of course the mole area is red and a little sore is this mormal? How long does it take for the wound to heal?

Add some aftercare after Mole Removal

Healing can be variable from patient to patient. I recommend following up with your Dr. about after care to avoid scarring. I recommend using silicone gel with growth factors. Best, Dr. Emer